Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Attack!

On the long weekend, the fam and I went to O-town to move some of my stuff. Within five minutes of arriving at CFO's house, the kids managed to break a lamp (that's one in 100% of the places I've lived in Ottawa). After moving, we hit the Children's Museum, the Dinosaur show at the Imax, a Tex-Mex resto with TF&C and Partner, and, on Sunday, a friend's cottage near Arnprior. We had a great time. AHC actually picked mussels out of the Ottawa River and cooked them up just to try. I think we all only had one, so probably not enough to kill us with whatever pollution or toxins lay within.

The Big Boy got out of the River with a little friend attached to his little toe for lunch. Now, I sort of regret not taking a picture of it while it was still attached. After all, I don't think leeches are life threatening. My mothering instinct was more intent on getting it off. Which is why I would have failed as a papparazzo. I did take a pic afterwards now, with the wound. And you can't even really see the yucky bruise! Eek!

No comments: