Sunday, September 09, 2007

Green with envy

AHC's brother is a fancy copy writer in advertising and got tickets for the Coen bros. release at TIFF, No Country for Old Men. He generously asked AHC to go with him to the show, at the Elgin Theatre. Apparently they had great seats.

Now, I'm not much of a fanatic when it comes to stars. But there are a couple of leading men that I am particularly fond of. Clive Owen and Viggo. I loved Clive before anyone knew who he was. Admittedly, the role of Aragorn brought Viggo to my beloved attention.

After the show, the boys were filing out and a volunteer asked them to wait a moment so that a group of starts could pass by, including Woody Harrelson, Kelly Macdonald, Eddie Vedder.

AND CLIVE OWEN! Apparently he's as tall, dark and handsome in person as in fantasy land. AHC said, "Hey, Clive Owen!" And Clive turned and looked at him and kind of acknowledged the fact that he was, indeed, Clive Owen. ACH thinks I would have peed my pants if I'd been there, and even I can admit there's some chance of that.

Like I said, normally I'm not that starry-eyed over stars, but you can't deny that Clive Owen is pretty dreamy.

I really need to start volunteering at TIFF. Think of all that I've been missing out.

No comments: