Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Talis(wo)man(s)

I'm not exactly one of those people with a multitude of lucky trolls at a bingo game, but at times like these (uhm, 14 days until my major paper is due, quickly followed by two exams and another paper!) I start to draw strength from things that remind me of those dear to me. I have two lucky objets du jour: a necklace that Ilush gave me when she visited from Israel two years ago (she's a PhD, so I draw strength from her academic staying power and her absolute wit about the academic life) and a scarf that Merlot knit for my last birthday which she only recently finished (symbolizing both: someone loves me enough to knit me a scarf and the old adage "better late than never"). I love these women. Even from afar (Israel and the West-friggin-End), they carry me on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK! or is a YOU CAN DO IT! more appropriate? Either way ... the Merlot scarf is lovely and I'm convinced that it has magical powers. You'll be fine!

Anonymous said...

The scarf is also a symbol of perseverance. You will persevere... and triumph!

xo Merlot

ilanit said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ilanit said...

YO -I love you, because you are HOT and always will be. And I love that you get what's funny. Other people rarely do

BIG HUGS
Ilush