Monday, February 25, 2008

O Blogging, Where Art Thou?

It's time for me to admit that I have a problem.

And that problem is school-related guilt.

It prevents me from doing things in my life that I enjoy. In fact, it prevents me from enjoying life, which has been a real problem over the past six months. I can't say that I've been enjoying law school much this year and it's had a rather poisonous effect throughout my existence. Life outside of my studies quite "got in the way" this 2L and that put me quite behind in the studies department. My twisted guilt-complex said something like: "you can blog when you're caught up."

So, since November 28, I have not blogged. This blog is not a celebratory post announcing that I am caught up! I am not caught up! Upon reflection, not blogging hasn't really helped my mood any. It hasn't particularly made me more productive either. Only more depressed in the absence of something that I actually like to do.

So that's it. No more torture. No more self-flagellation.

It's time to enjoy life again. Come to think of it, I'd rather like to enjoy law again too. I'm still working on a plan for that one, but I'm open to suggestion.

No comments: