Monday, February 25, 2008

"What I dream of is an art of balance"



I have a really great colouring book. I bought it for The Girl, but she insisted I bring it with me to Ottawa. I miss my creative self. Time to find her. This is part of enjoying life again. Anyway, each page has a theme or suggestion.

This page's was "Draw something heavy on each side". I felt it was an appropriate start because of the whole clichéd balance issue I'm dealing with (not that that has anything specific to do with what I drew).

The quote in the title is from Matisse. Also apropos.

4 comments:

A Humble Chef said...

Zoroaster would be proud.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I feel your existential angst. It's like in the Matrix, where you take the red pill, but you really should have taken the blue pill... which brings to mind Kerr's Postulate: Any conversation about technology will inevitably come around to The Matrix, at which point the conversation is over.

Spread the word, Kerr Nation.

And welcome back, Optimist.

Anonymous said...

We gotta get going on Kerr's Postulate. This post is already the top search on the Googleplex. I thought I'd do my part to keep the dream alive. 100%! Leave all of it on the field.

TCO said...

When you say "top search", Anon, don't you mean the only one? I'm going to do my part too. I'm working on hit #2...