Wednesday, November 05, 2008

There's Good News and There's Bad News

The good news is: He Won!

Boy, the law school was excited today. Professor Sheila McIntyre gave quite a moving endorsement in her opening to today's Greenberg Lecture (I swear, being surrounded by that many feminists always makes me want to cry with joy).

Remember:



See here for the bad news.

So listen, I know I didn't post anything when that robot (and I don't mean that as a compliment) Stephen Harper won (sort of) the Canadian election. It might have been despair. I feel quite sad about the state of democracy in Canada. I hope, as the Onion wrote today, that Canada doesn't have to get "shitty enough" to make social progress happen. But it might.

I have a sneaking suspicious that hope (without making a judgment on the validity of said hope) might start to build here. Personally, for an Obama-level change (and it's going to be an uphill battle every single inch), I think we might need to elect an Aboriginal Prime Minister.

No comments: