Monday, October 23, 2006

Baroque & spirit

I was back in T.O. this past weekend to see my family after two weeks without being home. After a while being away was just distracting, so I was happy to be home.

Mon bonhomme and I went on Saturday night to see Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra and Chamber Choir at Trinity-St. Paul's United Church. He's been taking girls to Tafelmusik since he was a teenager (though apparently the first concert he ever went to was with Uncle Wayne. He's such a sweet nerd at times!). I'm the only one who fell for this, of course, and Shakespeare in the Park. I like the intellectual boys, I guess.

Whenever I go to Trinity-St.Paul's I think of my grandfather, George, who was ordained there years ago (he passed away when I was 18 years old). There's something I like about the fact of being in the same place as my grandfather, but separated by years.

When he died, I remember one of his oldest friends saying that he moved spirits. He was that kind of man.

No comments: