Sunday, April 29, 2007

Big Boy Joy

Conversation with the Big Boy this morning, who is with the Grands this weekend while I finish up IL:

BB: Hi Mummy [resigned voice]
Me: Hi Big Boy!
BB: Mummy, I miss you A LOT. [matter-of-fact voice]
Me: Oh, I miss you too.
BB: Where ARE you? [confused voice]
Me: Ottawa, at school.
BB: Oh, yeah. Now you've got 'zams. Lots of 'zams. [sympathetic voice]
Me: Yes, lots of exams.
BB: And lots of reading. Lots of reading. Are you coming home on Monday?
Me: Not Monday, Friday. Five sleeps [I count the sleeps with him]
BB: YEEESSSSSSSS!

He's starting to sound a lot older on the phone now. Like a little adult. I don't think I could take this much longer. He makes me too happy. I'm totally selfish for his love, his little kisses, his hysterical sense of humour, and his good company. Even if the Big Boy weren't my kid, I think we'd be friends. I mean, how can you not be friends with someone who adores you?! Aside from the adoration, there are definitely less than 10 people in this world who crack me up like he does. There's lots of other good things about him too, but if I get into them all, I'll just sound like one of those biased mothers (which would be true, but he's actually fabulous).

No comments: