Saturday, April 21, 2007

Rituals

It finally feels like I'm writing spring exams and not winter exams. Snow storm on Monday, but yesterday it was 18 degrees or something like that. Actually warm. I've been studying steady (almost) for the last 10 days, however, and I notice my exam rituals. I think I have three fairly reoccuring ones:

1Rroom cleaning. At the beginning of exams I always to a major clean up and then I basically have to start every day after tidying. Because by the end of a day of studying there's paper, coffee cups, glasses and the detritus of brain junk all over the place.

2) Music. This semester it's Arcade Fire, Modest Mouse, Count Basie and a little Bob Marley (because the sun finally came out). Last semester it was Chris Isaac, Sarah Harmer, Hawksley, Cat Power. Apparently I needed mellowing last semester.

3) Junk food. I bought Coke last night. This is almost the only time I drink pop. I'm not even a mixed-drink kind of pop drinker. There will probably also be Pizza Pizza, M&Ms, chips. It's kind of like an act of desperation. I have no good excuses for this one!

Anyone got good exam karma for me?

No comments: