Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Eat Your Heart Out

I love AHC. He is so delightful that he agreed to bring his chef self to Ottawa and cook for my small group. One of our profs is a sommalier and she agreed to do the wine pairing. And one of my colleagues (and his lovely wife) with a real house, including real (i.e. not student) kitchen offered to host us. I think there were 24 of us all together. Here's the menu, to set your mouth a-watering:

Smoked salmon on pesto-glazed crostini w/ drizzle of balsamic-soy reduction
*
Ginger-lobster salsa on Belgian endive with rice vinaigrette
*
Tequila-lemongrass broth
*
Lamb shank or chicken with shitake mushroom risotto and steamed bok choi
*
Watermelon-basil palette refresher
*
Chocolate mousse & flourless chocolate torte w/ sake flambéd berries.

Wines:

Quinta de Cabriz Vino Espumante Qualidade Bruto, 2004

Jean-Paul Godinat Quincy, 2005

Five Rivers Pinot Noir, 2005

Cuvee des Ardoises Chateau des Earles, 2003

Moscato d'Asti, 2006


Ho-ly Christ. It was a fantastic meal, if I do say so myself. Nice work, AHC, and nice work Prof. Sommalier.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, um... When is school done for the year?