Wednesday, March 14, 2007

You Do It To Yourself, You Do

In a cruel twist, I am being punished for making light of dead grandmothers (who are not legitimately dead anyhow, so I don't know why I am being punished).

More or less 24 hours ago, I brought up "Dead Grandmother Season" and what happens to me? Struck down by dual ear infections. And when I say struck down, I mean it kind of literally, in that
my balance is all screwed up and I walked into a doorframe and practically knocked myself unconscious. [Stop laughing at me!]

Now the pressure in my ears is so intense that I can't sleep, which would be very nice, and I can't do anything useful, which would at least be productive. Poor poor me.

In lieu of useful or very nice, and in an attempt to distract myself, I just spend 5 minutes checking out Feminist Law Professors. This post positively made me cry, and not because of my ears. Ann Bartow is my new flavour of the month (and perhaps longer, but I won't know until I can spend more than 5 minutes at a time reading). Thanks to the CRCELT for pointing out this blog. Someday I hope to know as many cool things and people, but I doubt if I'll ever catch up now.

No comments: