Friday, December 29, 2006

Go Fish Smackdown

Fiorellina is at a great age (5). She's totally confident with her numbers and letters so she can play games now. We got a game box from one of the grandmas with some board games as well as Go Fish, Old Maid and Crazy Eights.

She's not fooling around with the Go Fish. We've been in a tournament since yesterday afternoon and she's really good. No need to let her win, since she beats me 1/2 the time. And she's so proud of herself! She gets a devlish little laugh when she gets the cards she needs and she's also figured out how be sneaky - as in when she knows I've got a card (because I've been asking for it) as soon as she draws it, she remembers to steal if from me! And she even looks sneaky when she does it.

The tourney recently had to close when one of the 9 cards went missing. It's around here somewhere, but we're going to move onto Crazy Eights. Let's see how she does when the stakes get a little higher and the game gets a little more complicated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After 4 months of part-time cohabitation, I've finally read your blog ... and it took like an hour to finish because I hadn't read all but two posts. I'm terrible (sorry!!).

I found it both informative (like the teeth dream - I've had that one too! ... and I'm totally happy about my role in your want of an iPod) and insightful (like the poetry ... ). I promise to stop by a little more often in the new year!

See you in a few -

d.