Thursday, December 21, 2006

Now There Are No Green Speckled Frogs

Last exam done and done. Well, at least until I figure out whether I completely bombed it. In which case I get a do-over for this one because of a medical deferral which I could have taken advantage of. What's that you say? A medical deferral?!

Yesterday, I spent 3 hours in the clinic to discover that I have an inner-ear infection. That would explain the dizzy, stumbling around. I sort of temporarily wondered if I'd done some drinking that had slipped my mind. Nope! Turns out I have fluid in my centre of balance.

So that created a kind of unhappy exam situation. Didn't study much yesterday, but didn't exactly feel unprepared. I didn't want it hanging over me during the holidays, so I just got it out of the way. It wasn't the most pleasant experience I've ever had but exams never are, are they?

On the plus side, my true friend and colleague gave me a bottle of Scotch for Christmas. A bottle of Scotch! We have a pact to drink it together, glass by glass between January and April.

On the plus-plus side, I'm done my first semester of 1L. And I better than survived.

No comments: