Saturday, December 09, 2006

Welcome to Ottawa, the Smallest World in the Town

Apparently Ottawa is the Capital of the Small World.

During orientation I met a woman at an event. We started chatting and turns out she's got a two-year-old son, so we jive on that. Turns out we have a couple of classes together and eventually we figure out that her husband grew up in the same place I did. He went to school a year ahead of my sister. Then, another day she tells me they were back there for a wedding. Whose wedding? A girl and guy that I went to school with (I was in school with the guy from the time is was in primary). Who was the maid of honour? Another girl I was friends with when I was younger - our dads worked together.

Then, one day I'm in line at the coffee shop (coffee is the friend of all law students). Another woman I have some classes with turns and says, "I know your cousin in Winnipeg, we worked together." Whatthe?! Then last night, I found out the same woman actually knows my roomie from when they were both at Glendon a year apart. So she was there when I was there (my brief stint at Glendon), and I totally thought she looked familiar, but I just thought it was from seeing her around law school. Maybe not.

It's a small world after all.

* I just met someone today whose husband is from where I grew up too AND she knows some people I know from the good old Awenda/SMATH/DiscoHarbour days. What a weird place this is...

No comments: