Monday, December 04, 2006

Our Children Are So Precious When They Are Young

Not that I'm having existential crises all of the time about the choice to live in a different city from my children in order to study law or anything, but I would hardly be human if I didn't occasionally feel a bit hard on myself. As a society, we love to love mothers and we love to hate them.

Anyway, occasionally my children affirm me. They still love me, apparently, in spite of the weekly abandonment. According to cher monsieur, our charming and adorable five-year-old said that mummy goes to a "special school only really smart people go to" and that her school is for playing and having fun but mommy's school is really hard but still fun.

Last week, she spied snowmen decorations on someone's lawn and said that we should get some too, but that we should get snow WOMEN. Awesome! She's a feminist!

That kid is smart as a whip. She's waaaaaay smarter than I am. And she's totally adorable. And I'm not just saying that because I'm her mother. I swear.

No comments: